About the event
Hosted by the YJB, the Youth Justice Convention is the annual event for all those working in the youth justice system, in particular managers, professionals, practitioners and policy makers.
Last year witnessed:
70+ speakers joined us at the 2019 Convention including:
- Luke Ambler, former professional rugby player, dad, entrepreneur, awardwinning mental health campaigner, charity chairman and motivational speaker
- Detective Superintendent Stan Gilmore, Head of Protecting Vulnerable People, Thames Valley Police
- Donna Molloy, Director of Policy and Practice, The Early Intervention Foundation
- Gerry Wareham, Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor, Crown Prosecution Service
- Rachel Dickinson, President, Association of Directors of Children’s Services
- Linda Logan, Chair of Youth Courts Committee, Magistrates’ Association
- Lib Peck, Director, Violence Reduction Unit, Mayor of London
- Temi Mwale, Managing Director, The 4Front Project Ltd
- Bobby Kasanga, Founder, Hackney Wick FC
- Charlie Taylor, Chair, YJB
With 25+ unique content session, some of the key topics covered at the Convention included:
- Fresh perspectives: hear from children and young people who are improving the system
- Children’s social media use as a driver for youth violence and offending
- Knife Crime Prevention Orders - what would a successful pilot look like?
- How do we reduce disproportionately in the criminal justice system?
- Tackling criminal exploitation early, through the use of analytics
- County lines: tackling organised crime and criminal exploitation
- Beyond Criminal Records - “Nothing stops a bullet like a job”
- Out of court disposal - challenges and promising practice
- Serious youth violence: a multi-agency approach
- Developing trauma informed practices
Sponsorship and exhibition:
Discover how you can exhibit or speak at the event clicking on the button below:
Heads of Education - Heads of Community Safety - Heads of Service - Heads of Youth Justice - Heads of Youth Offending Service - Managing Directors - Operational Managers - Resettlement Managers - Restorative Justice Managers - Service Managers - Team Managers - YOS Managers - YOT Managers - Youth Facilitators - Youth Justice Officers
- Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.